As I bade farewell to my twenties, I found myself looking to hone my skills as a baker, chef, and bartender. Who thinks I have already bitten off more than I can chew?
Well I haven’t! I promise. I have a plan. I am selecting a few recipes that are close to my heart, and finessing those said recipes into utter deliciousness. They will be my go-tos, become part of my family and grow into nostalgic feels as time passes. My grandchildren will say, ‘Remember our crazy G-ma! Man, she made a mean banana bread.’ Ok, I got carried away with the story. But can you feel the love?!
One classic recipe is the infamous Banana Bread. I went in search for the ultimate tips and these three below were tried and true.
1. Butter, butter, did I say Butter? Butter allows the banana bread to have this golden crispy outer layer. (Drooling just, thinking about it)
2. My close girlfriend swears by this and when she made me banana bread I was a firm believer too… DOUBLE THE BANANAS! It amps the moist factor to max and gives a great balance with the crispy outside.
3. Lastly, don’t over mix the batter. Keep it lumpy and bumpy. (The rare instance where that is ok)
4. This isn’t a tip, more of a preference… Walnuts and Chocolate Chips are must for me!
I like walnuts and chocolate chips in mine!
As a bonus, I’ve gotten in the habit of taking a handful of walnuts, 1 tbsp of sugar and lightly coating them. I add the walnuts on top of the batter before I throw it in the oven.
Voila! Delectable, edible and the butter is spreadable. ❤
Here’s the recipe below,
Adapted From Genius Kitchen
BEST BANANA BREAD
Recipe by lkadlec
|PREP TIME: 10 mins||TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 5 mins|
|SERVES: 10||YIELD: 1 loaf|
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
” You’ll never need another banana bread recipe ever again!”
MY PRIVATE NOTES
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs , beaten
- 3 bananas , finely crushed( for serious and extreme moist and delicious, try 5 bananas)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Remove odd pots and pans from oven.
- Preheat oven to 350º / 180º.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and crushed bananas.
- Combine well.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla.
- Mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350º / 180º for 55 minutes.
- Keeps well, refrigerated.
Serving Size: 1 ( 96 g)Servings Per Recipe: 10
- AMT. PER SERVING
- % DAILY VALUE
- Calories 272.8
Calories from Fat 9435%Total Fat 10.4 g16% Saturated Fat 6.2 g31%Cholesterol 61.6 mg20%Sodium 338.3 mg14%Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g14%Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5% Sugars 24.3 g97%Protein 3.6 g7%